February 10, 2015

A Fusion-Based Bullish View of the USDJPY Cross


I, as my previous work can attest to, am primarily a technical analyst. I would also have no problem being called a fusion analyst, i.e. someone who tries to inform his technical analysis with fundamental analysis as well as sentiment analysis (which some purists see falling under the purview of technical analysis too).

All this to say that I am not above using some fundamental viewpoints as contrarian indices to reinforce some of my technical opinions. Case in point: this Saxo Group TradingFloor.com analysis of the JPY.

Using a somewhat questionable analogy to the Swiss National Bank, Max McKegg buttresses his bullish view of the JPY (therefore a bearish view of, among other crosses, the USDJPY). I venture to use this view as a misguided fundamental analysis of the situation and venture further that, being quite widespread in the trading community and going against the technical picture as I see it, it constitutes a potent contrarian indicator IN FAVOR of a continued STRENGTH of the USDJPY Cross.

No comments: