May 4, 2007

Contrary to what one may gather from reading this blog, I don't hate fundamental analysis. As a matter of fact, I am studying for CFA1 which I plan to take next December. What better proof? It's just that, as a trader, I find TA more relevant most of the time. Having said that, fundamental analysis is also very relevant and I expect it to be more and more relevant to my trading as I learn more about it.

All this to introduce a new blog with a fundamental tilt to my blog roll:
Internet Outsider by Henry Blodget. For those who were not paying attention in the late 90's, H.B. is that analyst who put a $500 target on Amazon (a target that was actually hit... before the whole Internet bubble came crashing down). He became a poster boy for all the Wall Street excesses of the era, was subsequently made a scapegoat and was banned from the securities business. Well, it looks like he reinvented himself as a blogger and a writer and a very good one at that. I have been consulting his blog on and off for months now and particularly ever since I started trading Google (which he loves to comment on in a very intelligent, incisive way).

Check out his entry today on the rumor flying around that Microsoft is getting ready to buy Yahoo. For another take (technical this time) on MSFT, check out this previous blog entry at Musings.

No comments: