August 4, 2007

S C A R I E R ?




Last week I had an entry titled S C A R Y, thus this entry's title. None too original.

But instead of adding to the generalized bearishness out there following an all-around horrendous Friday meltdown (and I'm not talking about Cramer's), I will just point out the fact, lost amidst all the fear and loathing, that two things did NOT happen yesterday:
1) The VIX did NOT make a new high, and
2) the Dow did NOT make a new low
as can be seen in the two daily charts above (click to enlarge).
I could have shown myriads of nightmarish-looking charts but those are easy to find anywhere in the financial blogosphere. Tim Knight's blog, for example, is full of them. Instead, I chose to show you the two rare ones that do NOT depict an all but certain death of a bull.

No comments: