June 2, 2009

Google Ads: They Feel Your Pain

It used to be that the Google ads shown on my blog were all market-related. These days? "Overcome Panic Disorder", "Overcome Anxiety Forever", "Top Anxiety Treatments", etc... You get the idea.

Does it mean the Google bots picked up on the behavioral finance slant of my most recent posts? Or does it mean "do no evil" Google has actually found a way to infer a blogger's state of mind from his or her writing? Or weirder still, the state of mind of a blog's readers? 

Now, if I try and tune out the paranoid part of my brain, I can come up with a more rational explanation like maybe selling anxiety remedies on the internet is a better business proposition these days than selling trading methods but just because it's the more rational explanation does absolutely not mean it's THE explanation.

No comments: